Mini Schnauzer Dog Care
Your Miniature Schnauzer relies on you for his basic dog care needs.
This includes: routine vet visits, dog grooming, dental care, daily
exercise, proper nutrition, obedience training, mental stimulation, as
well as, protecting your Miniature Schnauzer by following your
jurisdiction’s dog laws, and spending quality time with your furry companion.
By doing so, you know you’ve taken every step
possible to ensure your Miniature Schnauzer's overall good health. And
Basic Dog Care Needs
- Routine Vet Visits – Have your Miniature Schnauzer examined by your Veterinarian
annually. Your vet will check your dog's heart, lungs, ears, eyes,
temperature, overall body, weight, etc... as well as check for
heartworms and administer vaccines. Your vet will also answer all your
questions and address any concerns you may have about your Miniature
Schnauzer. Remember: Prevention is always the best medicine.
- Groom Your Dog - Miniature Schnauzers need
regular grooming. Grooming your Schnauzer includes: bathing, trimming
nails, cleaning ears, clipping your Miniature Schnauzer's coat, etc… Our
Miniature Schnauzer Grooming Series addresses each one.
- Dental Care - As part of your Miniature Schnauzer dog care
regimen, it's extremely important to perform at-home dental cleanings
by brushing your Miniature Schnauzer's dog teeth daily. It's easy to do
once you know how and daily routine oral care can help prevent your
Schnauzer from developing periodontal disease. Miniature Schnauzer Dental Care
- Dog Exercise – A good dose of daily exercise plays a
crucial role in dog care. Depending on your Miniature Schnauzer's age, a
couple of daily walks may suffice. Others may need more exercise.
Discuss with your vet the amount and type of exercise your Miniature Schnauzer will need to remain healthy. And check out your local dog parks for even more fun ways to spend quality time and exercise with your Miniature Schnauzer.
- Schnauzer Dog Health - Learn the signs of a fit and healthy dog as well as the symptoms of dog illness.
You can help keep your Miniature Schnauzer as healthy as possible by
paying attention to warning signals that may indicate there is a problem
- Dog Eye Problems - Learn the symptoms and treatments for the 10 most common dog eye problems
including cataracts, glaucoma, cherry eye, eye ulcers, etc.. And if
your Schnauzer is blind or has limited vision, learn how to help a blind dog cope.
- Miniature Schnauzer Nutrition – Make sure to feed your Miniature Schnauzer quality dog food and perhaps even add supplements to your dog's diet to ensure proper nutrition.
- Dog Obedience Training – Another very important aspect in caring for your dog is training. Your Miniature Schnauzer needs to learn the basic dog obedience commands. Begin training your Schnauzer as early as possible ie, right away. Basic dog obedience will help keep your Miniature Schnauzer dog safe.
- Mental Stimulation for Dogs – Dogs need to be
mentally challenged to be happy. They love to have jobs and figure
things out. The ever-so-smart Miniature Schnauzer loves to be mentally
challenged. You can add mental stimulation for your Miniature Schnauzer
through dog trick training or game play.
- Dog Laws & Being a Responsible Owner – Each city has its own ordinances and laws when it comes to dogs. Be sure you follow the laws in your locale. Being a responsible dog owner
also means making sure your Miniature Schnauzer dog is always wearing
his collar with proper I.D. and current rabies vaccinations, and
adhering to proper pet etiquette.
- Love & Companionship – Most of us get a dog
for love and companionship. Dogs are pack animals and need to have a
sense of belonging and need a leader (you). Don’t forget to spend
quality bonding time with your Miniature Schnauzer dog daily. It is in
fact, in your dog's mind.....
the most important part of his dog care regime.
Go from Dog Care to About the Miniature Schnauzer on Schnauzers Rule
Go from Dog Care to Miniature Schnauzer Grooming