Dog Quotes, Sayings, & Poems
Don't you just love dog quotes? They ring so true.
Below are some of my very favorite sayings and poems about dogs. Some of them are from famous
people and some from unknown authors. But they are all inspiring!
Plus I've included my favorite dog poem at the end. Enjoy!
Famous Quotes & Sayings About Dogs
- The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. *Anonymous
- Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful. *Ann Landers
- If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. *Will Rogers
- There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. *Ben Williams
- A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. *Josh Billings
- The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. *Andrew A. Rooney
can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look
that says: My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that! *Dave
- Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant. *Unknown
give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare.
And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever
- Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. *Anatole France
- Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. *Joe Gores
- Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. *Franklin P. Jones
consider what they must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a
grocery store with the most amazing haul........chicken, pork, half a
cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth! *Anne Tyler
- If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise. *Unknown
used to look at [my dog] Smokey and think, 'If you were a little
smarter you could tell me what you were thinking,' and he'd look at me
like he was saying, 'If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to.'
- If a dog will not
come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and
examine your conscience. *Woodrow Wilson
- It sometimes takes days, even weeks, before a dog's nerves tire. In the case of terriers it can run into months. *E.B. White.
- Life is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes. *Lewis Grizzard
- Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. *Franklin P Jones
- Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies. *Gene Hill
are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or
discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is
to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.
- Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail. *Henry Wheeler Shaw
feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in
case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right
in your ear. *Dave Barry
- My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am *Author Unknown
- If you think dogs can’t count, try putting 3 dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only 2 of them *Phil Pastoret
- No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich. *Louis Sabin
- He who has not Christmas in his heart ♥ will never find it under a tree! *Roy L. Smith dog quote
- A dog is for life NOT just for Christmas *National Canine Defense League slogan
Don't forget to read our LOL Dog Jokes & Stories!
Enjoy this beautiful poem written by an unknown that pretty much sums it all up... God Made Dog Poem
And take a few minutes to read: A Man and His Dog.
A story of loyalty, this adaptation from the works of Earl Hamner, is a
heart-warming tale of an old man who never abandoned his faithful dog.
You can share these dog quotes and sayings with your friends on facebook, twitter, and other social media sites by using the share links at the top and bottom of this page.
Go from Dog Quotes to About the Miniature Schnauzer on Schnauzers Rule
Go from Dog Quotes to Dog Jokes
★ God Spelled Backwards is Dog
★ Man's Best Friend
★ Humorous Dog Owners Prayer