Are you looking to hire a pet sitter for your Mini Schnauzer? If you are in need of finding someone to watch over and care for your dog while you are away from home, this article will provide you with some important tips and questions you should keep in mind.
If a time comes when you must be away from home for an extended period of time and you need someone to care for your dog, using a professional dog care service will allow you to customize your search to fit your Miniature Schnauzer's needs!
But before beginning your search, it's a good idea to have in place a list of questions to ask each indiviual. Refer to the list while screening prospective pet caretakers over the telephone. Having a prepared set of questions, written down in advance, will ensure you remember to cover everything you deem important during the interview process.
Before hiring someone to care for your dog during your absence, it's important to learn all you can about them. What are their qualifications? What services do they provide?
Here is a sample list of questions you will want to ask prospective candidates:
This of course, is just a few of the questions you will want to ask potential care takers. Be sure to add specific questions that are important to you and your dog's specific needs.
For example: Do you have a puppy going through potty training? Is your Miniature Schnauzer on any type of medication that needs to be administered? Do you want or expect other household duties to be performed, like bringing in your mail? A professional dog sitter will be happy to answer all your questions.
If after the initial telephone interview, you feel comfortable with someone's answers, ask for a face-to-face meeting. This is an important part of the screening process as it allows you to watch the person interact with your Miniature Schnauzer before making a final decision.
If on the other hand, you did not feel comfortable with someone's answers or during their face-to-face meeting, or even if
there was an unenthusiastic approach about their job, please, please
keep looking! Remember, you are about to leave your precious furbaby in the care of someone you just met.
Finding the perfect pet sitter to care for your Miniature Schnauzer when you are away from home for extended periods of time offers so many benefits:
• Reduced Stress on Dog:
Since the person caring for your pet will be coming to or staying at
your home, your Miniature Schnauzer will not be as stressed during your
absence. Your dog will be so much more relaxed and comfortable since he
will be in his own home and surroundings.
• Tailored Pet Care: This is up to you. Be sure to plan out your Mini Schnauzer's regular routine for things like: walks, feedings, playtime, and so on. This makes it much easier for the pet sitter to provide you with the services you expect.
• Personalized Attention for Your Dog: Having someone care for your dog at home means he will receive the full attention of the caretaker. This is much better than if your dog stayed in a kennel where attendants have limited time because of the many dogs they need to tend to.
• Special Needs Pet: If your dog is disabled or needs to take medication, be sure to request for someone who knows how to care for a dog with special needs.
• Easy and Convenient: Having a pet sitter come to your home means you don't have to go anywhere to drop your dog off. Plus, if you will be gone for days at a time, you can have the person bring in your mail, pick up your newspaper, take in packages, etc... so your home looks lived in (a crime deterrent).
• Peace of Mind: You can leave your home with peace of mind knowing that you have left your Miniature Schnauzer in the care of a responsible animal lover.
"Knowledge Share"... If you found this article on How to Find a Pet Sitter helpful and informative please share it with your dog-loving friends by clicking on one of the share links at the top right or bottom of this page.