Love you Monkey
I lost my best friend a few days ago, he was about to turn 5 years old. He was caring, loving, playful and simply the best friend I could've asked for. Although he stayed home during the week, I brought him everywhere on weekends. He would come shopping with me, mountain climbing even cycling in his little backpack with his head and paws on my shoulder. He was always happy to be with us and running around.
I got him when he was 2 months old and unfortunately, he had a tendency to chew on all sorts of things like shoes, cushions and of course any food item he could find. In the last two years, he could go weeks without destroying anything but still, we were always so careful not to leave anything lying around. We would walk through every room - even child-proofing kitchen cabinets within his reach.
I was using an ice pack at night and somehow forgot to put it back in the freezer when I left for work in the morning - it was next to my bed, somehow I didn't see it. I came back home to find my dog unwell and the ice pack bag in pieces and empty. We rushed him to the emergency vet, they started him on an IV even though his symptoms seemed different than anti-freeze poisoning - also the ice pack company had a "non-toxic" label. Within 1hr of arriving, his temperature went from 98.6 F to 102 F and then to 107 F. His heart simply couldn't take it. We tried to revive him but it was too late. The vet and the toxicity experts on the line don't understand what/how this happened. I don't know how to go on without him.
I hope you are well now, love you and miss you so so much <3