Dog Boarding Kennels - a Habitat for Man’s Best Friend
by Mike Warner
(Melbourne, Vic, Australia)
What are dog boarding kennels?
The kennels are a structure in which the dog is placed and looked after. It is also known as doghouse. Kennels also means a huge collection of properties and buildings in which the dogs are kept, bred and well maintained.
In the dog boarding kennels, the dogs are lodged for a temporary span of time against a charge or fee. It is also an alternative option to hire a pet sitter.
The basic purpose of the boarding kennels for the dogs is to facilitate a suitable environment in which the dogs can sustain their life freely, thereby grow and develop both physically and mentally.
Suitable conditions to set up a dog boarding kennel
If a person wants to establish his or her boarding kennel for the dogs, it is quite essential to know all the facts and conditions that need to be considered before starting such activity. A thorough research on what these kennels should possess and facilitate must be conducted and sufficient information and knowledge must be gathered before starting. The person can pay a couple of visits to the nearby dog kennels and see how they are constructed, and also look at the way they are maintained.
The legal matters and documentation of the kennel is another important area of concern, and is something that should never be neglected. In addition, the person has to be well aware of dogs and the various aspects that are related to dogs namely dog food, health and lifestyle of dogs, their tastes and preferences, physic and many more.
Primarily however, the following conditions needs to be fulfilled.
Choosing the right dog boarding kennel
- The accommodation must be well constructed and maintained. If the area is very small, then there will be a limitation to place these dogs within the boarding kennels. The place needs to be ideal for the dogs.
- There must be fresh and sufficient air within the structure. It will ensure enough oxygen supply for the dogs. The place has to be airy and spacious so that the dogs can enjoy and have a fun time. This will also contribute to the health of the dogs.
- Light is another important factor to set up a boarding kennel. It has to be seen that the required amount of light penetrates into the place. A dark environment can stress the dog and might lead to its going into depression.
- Proper ventilation needs to be present so that the circulation of air takes place within the area.
- A suitable range of temperature has to be maintained within the area. So that the place is cozy for the dog and it feels comfortable staying there.
During the visits to the various dog kennels, the following points must be looked for. If the kennel facilitates such provisions, then it is the perfect kennel for the dogs.
- It has to be seen whether the place is clean and well maintained.
- Services namely training, grooming and bathing should be provided to the dogs within the place.
- If the facility also has other pets, then they must be kept away from the dogs.
A majority of the people are worried about the fact that by keeping the dogs in the boarding kennels the dogs are pressurized, wherein actually these kennels work to lessen the stress. There are many kennels which have "playtimes" so that the dogs can enjoy life outside the kennel environment. Many familiar objects with which the dogs love to play and stay with such as toys from home, blankets and other similar objects are allowed in the kennels.
Hope you like above mentioned information about dog boarding kennels Melbourne!!! Do you want to know more? Let's have a look
for some more useful information.~~~~~~~~~~John's Pampered Pooch is owned & operated by Kay Naismith and is located on five beautiful acres. Click on the link in the article or copy and paste the url below to find out more.