Birthday Cake for Dogs
by Joyce Harrison
(Lafayette, LA, USA)
Puma & Tobys Birthday Cake - 1 Yr Old
Yummy Birthday Cake for Dogs - I found this recipe on a website and changed it to incorporate ingredients that are NOT harmful to Mini Schnauzers ... and the greatest thing about it ... they LOVED the cake ... and icing!!!!!
• 2/3 cup ripe bananas
• 1/2 cup softened butter
• 3 large eggs
• 3/4 cup water
• 1 cup rice flour
• 1 cup oatmeal flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut 3 discs of wax paper to place in bottom of three (3) 6" cake pans, and spray sides and bottoms with non-stick floured baking spray.
2. In a food processor, place peeled bananas, and process until it reaches a smooth consistency.
3. In mixing bowl, blend together bananas and butter until creamy.
4. Add eggs and water. On low speed, mix well.
5. Add dry ingredients, one cup at a time, and blend on low until incorporated with wet ingredients, then beat on high for 2 minutes, scraping down sides frequently. Stir in pecans.
6. Divide batter evenly between the 3 pans.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until center of cake is done.
8. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and place directly on the wire rack to completely cool.
• 1 cup mashed bananas
• 1/2 tablespoon butter
• 3 tablespoons carob powder (chocolate substitute)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 tablespoons rice flour
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In a food processor, place peeled bananas, and process until it reaches a smooth consistency.
2. Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Let sit for a few minutes to thicken. If not quite thick enough to ice cake, add a little more rice flour.
3. Ice cooled cake, and decorate as you wish. (I used icing I already had in the freezer, and sadly, it ran just a little!!) ):