New Year Resolutions for Dogs & Their Owners
At the end of every year, most of us make New Year Resolutions, hoping to make some real positive changes in our lives. We vow to start a new diet plan to lose weight, begin an exercise regimen, stop any number of bad habits we have, and so on....
And since we are all dog owners here, why not include a list of declarations to make on behalf of our pets, too.
To help get you started, here are a few fun as well as beneficial things you could begin doing in 2014 that could have a positive impact on your dog's day to day life.
Dog Inspired Resolutions
- I will try out one of the new homemade dog recipes this week as a special treat just for my Miniature Schnauzer.
- I will start a dog scrapbook as my new craft project for the year.
- I will experiment with a new activity, like dog massage therapy that provides many benefits to my dog.
- I will provide more mental stimulation with fun dog games like hide-n-seek. Schnauzers so love a good challenge.
- I will continue to practice training my dog daily so he/she remains well-mannered.
- I will teach my Miniature Schnauzer a fun new dog trick. Oh how he loves being the center of attention.
- I will take my Mini Schnauzer to the dog park every week. This will provide him yet another outlet to get some
exercise, enjoy new sights and smells, and socialize with other dogs.
- I will provide my dog a healthy diet of homemade meals or premium dog food and I will begin adding enzymes and probiotics to help aid digestion and boost his immune system.
- I will ensure my dog's Pet ID tags and micro-chip information is up-to-date, just in case the unthinkable happens.
- I will prepare an emergency first-aid kit for dogs so I am ready to care for minor injuries in a flash.
More New Year Resolution Ideas for Dog Owners
If you've had your dog for awhile and are already performing most of the items on the list above and want a few more suggestions, here are some other ideas you might want to consider when making your doggy New Year resolutions list.
I vow to...
- Keep up-to-date on my dog's heartworm meds, vaccines, & flea protection.
- Help control the overpopulation of pets by having my dog spayed or neutered.
- Take my dog on a road trip this year. (See: Traveling with your dog.)
- Get more involved with my community in ways that would also benefit animals too:
These are just a few ideas. I bet you will come up with some other
great things you could begin doing this year that will make a positive
impact on your dog's life and we would love for you to share them with us in the comment
And finally, and most importantly... Just be sure to live in the moment with your Miniature Schnauzer. They are our joy!
A house is not a home without a Mini Schnauzer!
A Miniature Schnauzer's New Year Resolutions
- I will not run around the back yard with Mommy's underwear.
- I will not roll around on stinky stuff.
- I will not roll around in mud immediately after my bath.
- I will not bark every time I hear a door bell ring on TV.
- I will not play tug-of-war with Daddy’s underwear when he is on the toilet.
- I will not use Mommy or Daddy's slacks or even the sofa furniture as my personal face towel.
- I will not race the humans up and down the stairs.
- I will not hog up the entire king size bed.
- I will not insist on having the car window rolled down when it's raining.
- I will shake the rainwater off my coat before entering our home.
BTW Mommy, How long do New Year Resolutions last again? BOL!
When times get tough, remember our doggy motto here on Schnauzers Rule:
"Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it........
then just pee on it and walk away"
HAPPY NEW YEAR, AROO
Remember to send family and friends a free Schnauzer Ecard and wish them a Happy New Year!
May every day of the New Year bring you peace, prosperity, happiness and lots and lots of Schnauzer smoochies!
What Resolutions Have You Made for the Upcoming Year?
Go from New Year Resolutions to About the Miniature Schnauzer on Schnauzers Rule
Go from New Year Resolutions to Dog Safety Holiday
★ Dog Holidays
★ Schnauzer Halloween
★ Dog Articles