Up-to-date info from the doggy world!
November 12, 2009
In this Issue
- Thanksgiving Pet Dangers
- Yummy Turkey Bowl Bash Recipe
- Halloween Contest Winner Lila
- Holiday Contest in Full Swing
and in every issue:
- Free Dog eCards
- Miniature Schnauzer Rescue Stories
- A Schnauzer Tribute
- Mini Schnauzer Mania - The Blog
Thanksgiving Pet Dangers
Let's admit it, we all over indulge a bit during the holidays, especially at Thanksgiving. But no one wants to spend their Holidays at the emergency vet clinic. Take the extra measures now to avoid disaster. Familiarize yourself with the bad food for dogs.
Also, inform guests not to slip your miniature schnauzer any snacks. Zippo! Nada! None! Even if he/she uses their 'pretty please' pitiful look. Many of the foods we eat during the holidays are loaded with sodium and fats ~which can cause the life-threatening pancreatitis.
Another tip, make sure you secure your garbage so your dog does not ingest any turkey bones, aluminum foil or plastic wraps, etc...
And never, ever leave out any sweets on your coffee table! You can bet, as soon as your back is turned, your little scavenger will get to it. Have candies, hors d'oeuvres and the like, available to your guests placed high up on counter tops.
By following a few simple rules and being informed on the dangers, you and your pet can have a safe holiday.
Review all the Holiday Pet Safety Tips
A Yummy Thanksgiving Recipe Just for Your Miniature Schnauzer
Turkey Bowl Bash
1/2 cup ground turkey
2 cups brown rice
1 cup peeled and sliced sweet potato
1 cup diced green beans
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. brown ground turkey in a fry pan with 1 tbsp oil
2. steam rice (as per package instructions)
3. steam green beans & sweet potato
4. Then combine all the ingredients together. Let cool and serve some up!
Don't forget to enter your Miniature Schnauzer in our 2009 Holiday Contest
ConDOGulations to Lila our Yappy Halloween Contest Winner!
1. FREE dog eCards for you to send family and friends.
2. Miniature Schnauzer Rescue Stories: If you've rescued a Miniature Schnauzer please share your story & photos with us!
3. Miniature Schnauzer Tributes: Pay tribute to a loss family member. For they may be gone... but never forgotten
4. Mini Schnauzer Mania - The BLOG Subscribe to the blog so you never miss a thing! The Blog is the easy way to get all the additions and changes made to Schnauzers-Rule.com along with great dog stories, news breaking dog articles, great coupons and deals on the products you love and so much more!
The Editor's Note
The Schnauzer Scoop brings you the latest information from the doggy world. Get The Scoop on pet food recalls, yummy dog recipes, Miniature Schnauzer contests, and more!
And if you have any dog-loving friends (even if they don't own miniature schnauzers) they will still benefit from all the dog tips, training lessons, dog safety warnings, and dog news. So be sure to forward this email over to them and let them have a sniff around.
If you are receiving The Schnauzer Scoop because a friend forward it to you - You can continue receiving it monthly by subscribing to it here:
The Schnauzer Scoop
Until next month... I hope you visit us at Schnauzers Rule!
Schnauzers-Rule.com - A complete owner's guide for the Miniature Schnauzer owner and dog enthusiasts alike. Got Schnauzer?
"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."
~John Fitzgerald Kennedy
The Holiday Shoppe at Dog.com has the very best of holiday themed dog supplies including dog toys, treats, beds, clothing, and more.
Take a look around the Holiday Shoppe here:
Shop Dog.com's Holiday Shoppe for Toys, Treats and More!